Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Another (Novelette) Sale!

Just got word that I’ve made another sale. This time it is for my novelette, The Night Bigfoot Attacked Marshall, Texas, June Fifteenth, 1977. Despite its somewhat cumbersome, monstrous title, this isn’t actually a work of speculative fiction, but it is my first piece of mainstream fiction to sell in quite a while. I’m very excited, as this story is very dear to my mine and my wife’s hearts. Set in 1977, it’s the story of two boys who search for Bigfoot in the east Texas woods. While not exactly autobiographical, I have definitely mined a lot of my own childhood in East and North Texas for this tale. It is sort of my own personal ‘Stand By Me," I guess.

Here is the blurb that I wrote for the publisher:

Jack Horn and Scotty McKay are two young boys brought together by their fascination for mythic monsters, particularly Bigfoot. Scotty believes he has sighted the beast, and the two boys take to the woods behind their houses in a quest to find the creature. But what they discover is something eminently more terrifying—and real.

I’ll keep you posted when it comes out.

In the mean time, I’m still here at Odyssey, so back to work for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment